Monday, August 12, 2013

Top Ten

Top 10 favourite artworks: (of the UK)

Here is a recent top ten favorite art work from the UK's "The Independent." I am not surprised at numbers one and two at all, but most of the rest I'd never heard of.  I tend to like Pre-Raphaelite art the most, which explains knowing the first two. Thought it was interesting to see them all together. These would not be my top ten at all. I'll be back with my own top ten art works in the next post.

1. John William Waterhouse, The Lady Of Shalott, 1888.


2. Sir John Everett Millais, Ophelia, 1851-2.


3. Francis Bacon, Head V1, 1949.
(couldn't find this online, after a short attempt to find it)

4. John Singer Sargent, Gassed, 1919.


5. Lucian Freud, Man's Head (Self Portrait I), 1963.


6. JMW Turner, The Fighting Temeraire, 1839.


7. Alfred Wallis, Five Ships, Mount's Bay, 1928.


8. LS Lowry, Going To The Match, 1953.


9. James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Nocturne: Blue And Gold - Old Battersea Bridge, 1872-5.


10. Cornelia Parker, Cold Dark Matter: An Exploded View, 1991.