Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sylvia Plath

Sylvia Plath-- I know next to nothing about her. But one day soon, that will change. I recently became interested in her works, and am committed to reading them, at least finding out if I like them or not.

I tend to stick with the authors I love and know best because they are "safe" and I know I will like them. In my case that would be Jane Austen, Wilkie Collins, Charles Dickens, Oscar Wilde, Charlotte Bronte, Thomas Hardy, and Henry James, for starters. Branching out can be a good thing though, so I'll be heading to the library, checking ebay, and Amazon, for deals on her books.

Here is her Bibliography (from Wikipedia):
Poetry
* The Colossus and Other Poems (1960)
* Ariel (1965), includes the poems "Tulips", "Daddy" and "Lady Lazarus"
* Three Women: A Monologue for Three Voices (1968)
* Crossing the Water (1971)
* Winter Trees (1971)
* The Collected Poems (1981)
* Selected Poems (1985)
* Plath: Poems (1998)

Prose
* The Bell Jar (1963), under the pseudonym "Victoria Lucas"
* Letters Home (1975)
* Johnny Panic and the Bible of Dreams (1977)
* The Journals of Sylvia Plath (1982)
* The Magic Mirror (1989), Plath's Smith College senior thesis
* The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath, edited by Karen V. Kukil (2000)

Children's books
* The Bed Book (1976)
* The It-Doesn't-Matter-Suit (1996)
* Collected Children's Stories (UK, 2001)
* Mrs. Cherry's Kitchen (2001)

No comments:

Post a Comment