Saturday, June 29, 2019

Howard's End ... The Whole Thing

Howard's End is not necessarily a happy story line. In fact, I never did read the book and I did not like the 1992 version with Emma Thompson and Anthony Hopkins because it was downright depressing and the love story aspect between Mr. Wilcox and Miss Schlegel did not shine through for me.
That's a shame because I think that whole love story aspect is the whole thing. It is the point of Howard's End the book, written by E.M. Forster. The love story between those two is beautiful. It finally shined through for me in the new version with Matthew Macfadyen and Hayley Atwell. Now I get it and I am besotted with their love story. It's beautiful. I recommend it if you've not seen it, but be prepared for some sadness that does lighten up in the end though.