Sunday, October 14, 2018

I Found Walden


...and crows, at the library sale last week.

The crows did not cooperate with taking photos. They kept inching away from me as if they knew I wanted their picture. Mischievous little things. The book looks old, but it's actually from 2017. I am planning on collecting copies of Walden whenever I find them, no matter the age, just because I love that book and they look so pretty on the shelf all lined up. "Walden," Walden," "Walden," and so on. Know what I mean? It sort of gives me thrill when I see them all lined up in a row on the shelf, ...sort of like Matthew and his grubs ...

Anne Shirley: Do things ever give you a thrill?

Matthew Cuthbert: Well, I don't rightly know.

Anne Shirley: There has to be something.

Matthew Cuthbert: Well, now, um... I suppose it kind of gives me a thrill to see those ugly white grubs that spade up in the cucumber beds.

Anne Shirley: I suppose I can imagine that.