Monday, May 19, 2014

Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall

I read on the House in the Roses blog, now The Little White Cottage blog something that will forever change how I look at mirrors ... she says that she places mirrors in her home and thinks of them as "moveable windows" that she can place at whim.
I absolutely adore the idea of this! What a beautiful thought that we can create a window wherever we are at. Windows are for reverie, thoughts, and dreams.
I only wish the Lady of Shalott had been able to move her "window"and see something else other than what led her to her fate. Another beautiful thought!
Here are some beautiful ideas of windows ...




"I awoke in the house of God (earth)
Where the windows are mornings and evenings
Stretched from the sun
Across the sky north to south"
~Rich Mullins


Girl at Beach - by Zindy

The ocean is very window-like, if you ask me!