Monday, November 22, 2010

Week of Thanksgiving

How did it get to be almost the end of November?
It was only yesterday that I stepped outside my back door
and saw leafy green trees neath the blue sky.
Now there is haze over the moon,
and most nights powder pink skies.
Turkey and pie are on the mind,
and the crowds are lining up at the stores.

Enjoy every moment this lovely week of Thanksgiving. Make memories, step outside your door, and breath in the brisk November air. It comes only once every year. It is thanks. It is giving.

5 comments:

  1. I've been feeling the same way: how did it get to the end of November so quickly? Loved that description, with the hazy moon and the pink skies. Today has been crowded with storm clouds threatening rain, the wind is icy, and I feel like drinking something hot. Yep, definitely November. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kevin.

    We are expecting snow, wind, and really cold temps soon - Definitely tea time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad November is nearly over. It has been long and sad. Good food warms the soul, though, especially when shared with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear this - hope you enjoy the time with your family this week~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg, sorry to hear your November has been sad. I can relate to that as well, some sad things took place this month for me as well (so I empathize). I hope you find solace in good friends and good food this week. :)

    ReplyDelete