Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Free Classic e-Books

Amazon is offering free ebooks for Kindle right now. Any title that is pre-1923 and out of it's copyright is included in this promotion.

I just got all my favorites, and some that I have been wanting to read - Anne of Green Gables, Little Women, Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, Works of Edgar Allan Poe, Walden, The Mayor of Casterbridge, Keats Poems, The Woman in White, Emily Dickinson Poems, Utopia, and The Secret Garden. There are pages and pages to choose from. I think they work for iTouch phones, too.

3 comments:

  1. I do a blog on out of copyright books for Kindle and have reviewed some of the ones you list. http://www.kindleclassic.com Free classic literature for the Kindle on Amazon US/UK

    There is a free Kindle app for iPhone, Droid and maybe Blackberry that allows you to download and read these books. Although the screen is small, it is a nice feature if you have a Kindle. For example I am reading "War and Peace" on my Kindle. If I get stuck in line somewhere without my Kindle, I can pull out my Droid phone and the Kindle app will sync to my last page read on the Kindle. When I get home, the Kindle will sync to where I left off reading on the Droid! (You need the 3G Kindle to do this I expect.)

    There is also a Kindle app for the PC. These apps are stand alone, so you do not need a Kindle to download and read these free books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn,
    Thanks for the information. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the information, Marlyn! I already downloaded some of these e-books form another site called all you can books but Amazon have a bigger variety of classic e-books so I hope I'll find there something that I don't have yet.

    ReplyDelete