Saturday, April 20, 2013

My Bronte Pen

My Bronte pen came this week and I am thrilled with it. I chose the Emily Bronte Pen and here it is in its black presentation case, along with a certificate of authentication from Haworth Church.


It also comes with a pamphlet that tells a little bit about the pen and the wood it was made from. Mine was made from wood taken from the old schoolroom and also Haworth Church.

It reads, "the lid of this pen is made from wood sourced from the old schoolroom, the teaching place of the Bronte's. The body of the pen is made from wood sourced from Haworth Church, the resting place of Emily and Charlotte Bronte."

There is also a short history included of Emily, the old schoolroom, and Haworth Church.


Here is what my pen looks like. I decided on the light wood since I liked the look of it the best. I love that a little piece of Haworth, Haworth Church, Emily, and the Bronte's in general, is safely tucked away in my home where I can take it out and touch it anytime I want to. It is a connection to the Brontes that is unique and memorable. The wood from the pen surrounded the sisters as they worshipped or taught, and now a very small piece of that is here with me. It's a connection I will cherish for a long time.

Photo by York and Beyond