Saturday, March 31, 2012

Garden Shed

A few weeks ago, I won this original painting on a blog contest. Isn't it gorgeous! I look at it everyday and love it more each time I see it. The artist is named Connie Snipes and her blog is at this link. (She just put up a stunning "Bird on a Wire" painting that I adore).
"Garden Shed" by Connie Snipes
When I first saw "Garden Shed," I contacted Connie and asked her if she would mind if I posted about it here on my blog. She said yes then asked what I had in mind. My thoughts seem to stray towards literature and books, even when looking at artwork, because my immediate reaction was to post how it seemed to be Mr MacGregor's garden shed (from Beatrix Potter's "Peter Rabbit.").

This would be my ideal garden shed, if I had lots of land and rows of seeds to plant. It's charming and the colors are stunning. A place you want to hang out and to create your garden plans in. Timely for this season we are just approaching with all of its possibilities and unknowns. It can be anything we want it to be -- what a lovely thought!