Monday, March 7, 2011

Chamomile Books

Chamomile tea is a favorite of those trying to slip off to sleep after a busy day, needing to unwind and relax from the day's cares.
For me, reading a book just before going to bed does just about the same thing, allowing me to escape the unending loop of thoughts that keep me from capturing sleep. I am quickly transformed to another time and place, and can finally push the stop button on stream of consciousness and drift through the gates of slumber.


A flock of sheep that leisurely pass by
One after one; the sound of rain, and bees
Murmuring; the fall of rivers, winds and seas,
Smooth fields, white sheets of water, and pure sky -
I've thought of all by turns, and still I lie
Sleepless...
~William Wordsworth, "To Sleep"

Photo credits
Top photo - Night and Sleep by Evelyn Pickering Morgan
Night and Her Train of Stars - by Edward Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment